- 2021 June 22
Faculties & departments
Dean & Vice Deans
Cell and Molecular Biology
University of Maragheh(UM)
was established in 1987. One of the main constituents of UM is Faculty of Basic Sciences (FBS) which was originally composed of Departments of
Cell & Molecular Biology
The Faculty is accepting under-graduate and graduate (Master and Ph.D.) students at seventeen majors and disciplines.
FBS operates in a very friendly, but competitive atmosphere. It is devoted to excellence and expansion in Pure and Applied research. it serves the scientific and industrial interests of its community while strives for contributing to the advancement of science at a global level. This Faculty has already published numerous high quality research articles in high impact factor international scientific journals(especially in chemistry field). This Faculty and its researchers are often ranked highly by international scientific organizations.
Taking advantage of close cooperation of prominent professors, FBS soon turned into a prestigious of its kind. It provided knowledgeable faculty members for many colleges, universities, and research centers across Iran. Rapid growth was brought about through rather high student enrolment, increase in the number of faculty members, and agglomeration of research facilities.
develops scientific knowledge and predictions, principally in
but also in other empirical sciences, which are used as the scientific foundation for applied sciences.
Basic sciences develops and establishes
to predict phenomena and perhaps to understand nature. While most innovation takes the form of applied sciences and most innovation occurs in the private sectors, basic research is a necessary precursor to almost all applied sciences and associated instances of innovation. Roughly 76% of basic researches are conducted by universities.
* Enhance and develop the educational process and employ academic plans that satisfy the needs of society,
* Reply on interaction, integration and specialization in building and preparing qualified and capable professionals in the fields of science,
* Stimulate students and support them to learn, advance, research, produce, work as a team and contribute to the constructive interaction with society,
* Encourage scientific research and support scientific and practical studies in various fields of sciences,
* Ensure optimal utilization of financial resources, and work on developing and enhancing them for the benefit of The Faculty`s current and future goals